Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Empty Swing


The empty swing; secluded
To be enjoyed; Lord
By two who let it; wait
The empty swing; thaw
Not even that is a reach; believe

The empty swing; holds love
To be enjoyed; mate
By two who let it; wait
The empty swing; no solace
Not even that is a reach; fatigue

The empty swing; maturity
To be enjoyed; Miss Rose
By two who let it ; commitment
The empty swing; monotonous
Not even that is a reach; solace

The empty swing; unbearable
By two who let it; unfulfilled
To be enjoyed; embroidery
The empty swing; broke me
Not even that is a reach; answer








Sharon Rose T. ©

13 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

I love the tensions of repetitive pulses in this poem! Just beautiful!

J. S. Clawson said...

I enjoyed your poem. In particular:

The empty swing; holds love
To be enjoyed; mate

It is a very interesting form, I read it many times to fully grasp the style. Great job! :-)

Sandra.if said...

interesting fan of emotions and truths

Bridal Magic said...

Very unique and interesting incorporation of all the words. Bravo!

Tumblewords: said...

Nicely done - this poem gathers strength with each reading.

Roan said...

I've read your poem several times and enjoyed each reading more. BJ

Linda Jacobs said...

So many little ideas packed into this poem!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Oh, wow. I love this, each stanza swinging back to the empty swing. Fantastic images and language.

Anonymous said...

I am kind of trying to understand the form. Anything different in poetry interests me. I like it a lot.

Weddings and Beheadings

Anonymous said...

Very Unique and fantastic post! I loved reading your lines.

Cynthia said...

Spiritual and emotional Lela.
The repetition furthers the
feeling of yearning.

Granny Smith said...

Beautiful words in a skillful use of form. The empty swing is a riveting image.

Crimson Shimmer said...

it is when two rivers meet that new depths are discovered...

admire your poem and creativity :)