Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rhododendrons, but I Like Azaleas

In the spring my Rhododendrons swell with newly developed apiculate leaves, I keep my eyes peeled for blisters on the large leaves. Like a physician watching his patients I can observe the sedulous behavior of the bees as they have their favorite bushes earmarked. As the blossoms develop into full bloom the pheromones must really affect them. The bees start aggressively setting up a territorial line against their competitor bees. For me and the bees have a quiet treaty every year. They must and usually stay outside the railing of my porch as I watch their competitions every year. Much like the rest of the animal kingdom I do assume the bees to be male, but what do I know? I like azaleas.


Sharon Rose T. ©

4 comments:

poefusion said...

but, I like azaleas... that's good. I really enjoyed reading about your flowers and how you watch the bees every year. I can imagine how one might have a reclining lawn chair on their porch and fall asleep watching and listening the drone of the bees. How nice that would be. Have a nice night.

poefusion said...

Almost forgot~ Welcome to Poefusion. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Anonymous said...

excellent response to the michelle's prompt... hmm bee's in competition i will have to look more closely... like you i won't bother you if you don't bother me is a good attitude...

AscenderRisesAbove said...

very cleverly written! i like azaleas too!